It’s less than a week until my birthday, and of course there’s nothing like getting all excited about some birthday presents. I turn 27 on the 20th of July. Geez. I never do wishlists, but this time around I thought it would be fun to just do a visual list of all the things I’m lusting after (just in case anyone is interested).
Now this is actually a list primarily for myself, and I very rarely expect presents from anyone else. My birthday has really now just become another day where I turn a year older, and most importantly an excuse to treat myself & buy something expensive (as if I don’t do it plenty enough already according to my boyfriend…HA…)
Anyways, here it is because who doesn’t love lists, right?
MY BIRTHDAY WISHLIST:
- Balenciaga Metallic City Edge in Black with Silver Hardware – If you watch my youtube channel regularly, you may remember mentioning this bag a few times on my previous videos. Namely any time I mention my wishlist. I have been looking at this bag for quite sometime, and it has been an absolute struggle to find it in the Black with Silvery hardware! I have always lusted after a traditional Balenciaga City bag ever since I’ve followed fashion bloggers. I think it’s one of those classic handbags in my eyes. Que in Alexander Wand and he absolutely transform this bag into the fresh new modern look, and it just blows my mind. As soon as I saw it, I was instantly gravitated towards it. Just love this bag!
- Chanel Wallet on Chain – Now I dont know why I’ve been obssessing over this bag so much lately especially since I already have the Chanel Mini Square… but honestly I cant stop watching videos on it, what’s in my bags, and looking up blog posts on it. Its another one of those bags I cant stop thinking about. Unfortunately as stunning as she is, it doesnt come with it’s drawbacks primarily it’s absolutely loooooong chain, which has been a deal breaker for many petite girls like myself. However, when I’m obssessed with a bag, I’m almost unstoppable. So watch this space! ahaha.
- Byredo Bal D’afrique – I’ve been meaning to purchase this fragrance ever since I smelled it almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately the hefty price tag has always left me empty handed. But I think a birthday is a good occassion as any to buy a ridiculously expensive but gorgeous perfume don’t you? Its a beautiful mix of musk/vanilla with hint of fresh citrus is what I can remember this smelling like.
- Saint Laurent Card Holder – How gorgeous is this card holder? Ever since I got the Mon Purse Card Holder I’ve been looking for a more statement cardholder such as this YSL one. I love the simple chevron design, and the gold hard ware just makes this such a classy looking leather piece. It’s also in the pebbled leather which I’ve heard is perfect for everyday use. Also, I’ve found that it’s the most affordable from Selfridges for only $240 AUD (not including shipping – as it’s tax free!)
- Louis Vuitton Card Holder – Another staple SLG. You probably dont need more than 1 card holder, but I just cant seem to stray away from the gorgeousness of the Louis Vuitton Monogram. Another classic piece, and I really cant decide between this or the YSL. However I’m leaning more towards the YSL purely for the fact that I already have SO many LV Monogram SLG’s!
- Louis Vuitton Key Pouch – I just need this. Full stop. I already have it in the DE, but it’s such a versatile piece, I also want it in the monogram. You can use it for cards, for coins, for headphones, for your hair accessories, or even turn it into a cute little makeup essentials pouch like I do! The usability is endless. Every time I go into LV I want this, but I always seem to get distracted buying other things!
- Gucci Jordaan Loafers – Now I’m honestly not one to invest in shoes, but this if there’s one style that I’ll spend my money on it would be a decent pair of designer loafers that will take me through the years. And these Gucci ones have my name on them. Actually, I’m torn between a few Gucci Loafer styles, but these ones are the most trendy at the moment.
- Chanel Brooch – Another piece that I’ve hand on my wishlist since who knows when. Unfortunately I dont have a Chanel store nearby, and I would love to get this for an occasion. I know it’s literally just an overpriced piece of costume jewelry, but hello, it’s chanel. Place it on any piece of clothing and it will instantly elevate any outfit. I’ve seen it on bags, on jackets, on shirts, on hats, on scarves – so versatile! So yes, it might be overpriced for what it is, but if it’s functional I think it’ll be worth it!
- All Saints Balfern Leather Jacket – Ahhh the black leather jacke; A staple piece in any wardrope. This is a blogger favourite, and I need it in my life. I’ve heard great things – and unfortutely that’s as close as I’ve come to touching this jacket. Having no physical allsaints store, or a boutique (that I’m aware of) that sells the brand, I’m not able to physically try it on, which is a major drawback. With leather jackets its always about the fit. Sometimes some are better sized up or down… and different styles suit different people. This is probably the most talked about, and I’m assuming it’s for a reason. If anybody has owned this before, would love to know your opinion on the sizing! Go true to size/go up/go down??
- Apple Macbook Pro – And last but not least, I need a new computer. This isn’t even a want, it’s a genuine need. I’m currently using an Apple Macbook pro from 2009. Mind you it’s still functioning… but only just. Believe me though, I love this macbook, scratches and all, but I would love to be able to edit my videos on a macbook instead of always having to edit on the iMac. Because you know, sometimes you just want to be in bed editing, or you dont want to have to wait 10 minutes for a picture to load/save. So yes, definately more a need than a want!
So that’s it! The 10 items I’m currently lusting after for my birthday. Again, this isn’t a wishlist made to take too seriously. I just thought it’d be fun to do a blogpost in preparation for my birthday. And besides, there’s only really one person I want seeing this wishlist… *coughleoncough* ahaha. JKS.
Anyways, hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you’re currently lusting after? Or what do you guys think of my wishlist? And for any July babies out there… Happy birthday to US!! xoxo