Sorry for the late post guys, but this is my part 2 on styling an oversized jumper. This time I’ve chosen to style it with my favourite pair of straight leg jeans for a more casual laid-back vibe. Because the straight leg jeans, oversized jumper and oversized leather jacket doesn’t really lend much to a feminine figure, I’ve teamed this look with a dainty Chanel WOC to add that luxe girly-ness to the look.
This is such an easy and go-to outfit because not only is it warm, it’s also so comfortable. I’ve easily worn this look more than a handful of times because it’s one of my favourite silhouettes to style.
| OVERSIZED FAUX LEATHER JACKET: TOPSHOP | OVERSIZED KNIT: ASOS | STRAIGHT LEG JEANS: TOPSHOP | MULES: ZARA | BAG: CHANEL WALLET ON CHAIN |
Welcome back to the 2nd week of my staple styling series!
Today, I have to share with you guys my love for the straight leg jeans!
So you may have already witnessed by absolute adoration for these particular pair of straight leg jeans from Topshop, but if you didn’t, here it is: I absolutely bloody love them!!
They have been one of my favourite pairs to style during autumn winter, and even coming into spring I’m still reaching for them! Like any pair of jeans they are versatile and so easy to style, but this new straight-leg silhouette is such a retro twist and I definitely think this is one jean shape that will remain trendy for a while. Now I know there are several straight leg jeans available from different retailers, but my favourite is definitely this one from Topshop. It offers the best combination of fit and elasticity, and additionally, although I bought them from the “regular” line instead of “petite”, it still fits my petite frame so well! (IMO, but obviously tell me if you think otherwise!)
In this outfit I’ve styled it with a very simple black T-shirt and finished the look of with a varsity style bomber jacket from Cotton on. The Mickey Mouse print on the Jacket makes the look playful and fun, whilst the black mules gives this casual-sporty look an updated girly feel. I felt like the Chanel WOC was the perfect addition to this because it gave it just that bit of luxe to a an otherwise casual outfit.
BOMBER JACKET: COTTON ON | BLACK T SHIRT: COTTON ON | STRAIGHT LEG JEANS: TOPSHOP | BLACK MULES: ZARA | BAG: CHANEL WOC BLACK CAVIAR
The addiction is real.
As a special blog-exclusive reveal, I wanted to share it with my fellow blog followers first the latest addition to my handbag family. I got myself the chanel classic WOC also known as wallet on chain. Isnt she gorgeous?? Believe it or not, this was another one of my amazing pre-loved/pre-owned scores! I did actually get it a while ago in July for my birthday! (I know, i know, what the heck. This is like the third bag I bought myself “for my birthday”…but I was in a spendy mood ok!! haha)
I have actually been eyeing this bag for a while as can been seen on my birthday wishlist, but I just could not ever pull the trigger considering that brand new this costs roughly $2800 AUD. Ouch! (Especially considering that it’s technically a small leather good!) But everytime I saw it in videos or in pictures, I couldn’t help but want it more and more.
Fast-forward a few months and I stumble upon this little number from a well-known Japanese consignment seller called Gallery Rare. It was in amazing condition and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect as ebay had 10% off circulating at the time – I mean, its a no brainer!
So here she is! My NEW TO ME, Chanel Wallet on Chain in Black Caviar Leather and Gold hardware.
I fricking love this thing. Having never tried it on before or even seen it in person, it was a bit of a risk purchasing online. Thankfully Japanese consignment stores have a pretty good return policy, so I felt pretty secure knowing if I changed my mind I could send it back. On first inspection, I was so suprised by how big it actually is! Everyone says it’s so small, but I was actually able to stuff it with a tonne of items! I think that because my bag was made in 2014, the leather feels like it’s softened a bit making it more malleable for extra things? Maybe? But I do admit, I like to overstuff my bag because I like that look more. Also because it’s pre-owned, I’m not as fussed about wearing it out! The length was probably the biggest deterant for me (apart from price), but I figured that if I tie the strap with some leather cord I was actually able to shorten it! And honestly, it’s a game changer and I love it so much! It definately feels different from the chanel square mini because the chain is more dainty, the shape is different, and I’m glad I got the gold because it adds the perfect amount of dainty glamour to any boring outfit!
I’m such a sucker for an amazing deal, because it feels like buying Chanel on sale. And who can say no to that? But yes, what can you do! All I know is, I’ll have to sort myself out and get my blog sale started soon!
TOP: ZARA | DUFFLE COAT: MISS SHOP VIA MYERS | JEANS: DIY | LOAFERS: WITTNER | BAG: CHANEL
So what do you guys think? Do you own the Chanel WOC? How does it work for your lifestyle?
It’s less than a week until my birthday, and of course there’s nothing like getting all excited about some birthday presents. I turn 27 on the 20th of July. Geez. I never do wishlists, but this time around I thought it would be fun to just do a visual list of all the things I’m lusting after (just in case anyone is interested).
Now this is actually a list primarily for myself, and I very rarely expect presents from anyone else. My birthday has really now just become another day where I turn a year older, and most importantly an excuse to treat myself & buy something expensive (as if I don’t do it plenty enough already according to my boyfriend…HA…)
Anyways, here it is because who doesn’t love lists, right?
MY BIRTHDAY WISHLIST:
- Balenciaga Metallic City Edge in Black with Silver Hardware – If you watch my youtube channel regularly, you may remember mentioning this bag a few times on my previous videos. Namely any time I mention my wishlist. I have been looking at this bag for quite sometime, and it has been an absolute struggle to find it in the Black with Silvery hardware! I have always lusted after a traditional Balenciaga City bag ever since I’ve followed fashion bloggers. I think it’s one of those classic handbags in my eyes. Que in Alexander Wand and he absolutely transform this bag into the fresh new modern look, and it just blows my mind. As soon as I saw it, I was instantly gravitated towards it. Just love this bag!
- Chanel Wallet on Chain – Now I dont know why I’ve been obssessing over this bag so much lately especially since I already have the Chanel Mini Square… but honestly I cant stop watching videos on it, what’s in my bags, and looking up blog posts on it. Its another one of those bags I cant stop thinking about. Unfortunately as stunning as she is, it doesnt come with it’s drawbacks primarily it’s absolutely loooooong chain, which has been a deal breaker for many petite girls like myself. However, when I’m obssessed with a bag, I’m almost unstoppable. So watch this space! ahaha.
- Byredo Bal D’afrique – I’ve been meaning to purchase this fragrance ever since I smelled it almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately the hefty price tag has always left me empty handed. But I think a birthday is a good occassion as any to buy a ridiculously expensive but gorgeous perfume don’t you? Its a beautiful mix of musk/vanilla with hint of fresh citrus is what I can remember this smelling like.
- Saint Laurent Card Holder – How gorgeous is this card holder? Ever since I got the Mon Purse Card Holder I’ve been looking for a more statement cardholder such as this YSL one. I love the simple chevron design, and the gold hard ware just makes this such a classy looking leather piece. It’s also in the pebbled leather which I’ve heard is perfect for everyday use. Also, I’ve found that it’s the most affordable from Selfridges for only $240 AUD (not including shipping – as it’s tax free!)
- Louis Vuitton Card Holder – Another staple SLG. You probably dont need more than 1 card holder, but I just cant seem to stray away from the gorgeousness of the Louis Vuitton Monogram. Another classic piece, and I really cant decide between this or the YSL. However I’m leaning more towards the YSL purely for the fact that I already have SO many LV Monogram SLG’s!
- Louis Vuitton Key Pouch – I just need this. Full stop. I already have it in the DE, but it’s such a versatile piece, I also want it in the monogram. You can use it for cards, for coins, for headphones, for your hair accessories, or even turn it into a cute little makeup essentials pouch like I do! The usability is endless. Every time I go into LV I want this, but I always seem to get distracted buying other things!
- Gucci Jordaan Loafers – Now I’m honestly not one to invest in shoes, but this if there’s one style that I’ll spend my money on it would be a decent pair of designer loafers that will take me through the years. And these Gucci ones have my name on them. Actually, I’m torn between a few Gucci Loafer styles, but these ones are the most trendy at the moment.
- Chanel Brooch – Another piece that I’ve hand on my wishlist since who knows when. Unfortunately I dont have a Chanel store nearby, and I would love to get this for an occasion. I know it’s literally just an overpriced piece of costume jewelry, but hello, it’s chanel. Place it on any piece of clothing and it will instantly elevate any outfit. I’ve seen it on bags, on jackets, on shirts, on hats, on scarves – so versatile! So yes, it might be overpriced for what it is, but if it’s functional I think it’ll be worth it!
- All Saints Balfern Leather Jacket – Ahhh the black leather jacke; A staple piece in any wardrope. This is a blogger favourite, and I need it in my life. I’ve heard great things – and unfortutely that’s as close as I’ve come to touching this jacket. Having no physical allsaints store, or a boutique (that I’m aware of) that sells the brand, I’m not able to physically try it on, which is a major drawback. With leather jackets its always about the fit. Sometimes some are better sized up or down… and different styles suit different people. This is probably the most talked about, and I’m assuming it’s for a reason. If anybody has owned this before, would love to know your opinion on the sizing! Go true to size/go up/go down??
- Apple Macbook Pro – And last but not least, I need a new computer. This isn’t even a want, it’s a genuine need. I’m currently using an Apple Macbook pro from 2009. Mind you it’s still functioning… but only just. Believe me though, I love this macbook, scratches and all, but I would love to be able to edit my videos on a macbook instead of always having to edit on the iMac. Because you know, sometimes you just want to be in bed editing, or you dont want to have to wait 10 minutes for a picture to load/save. So yes, definately more a need than a want!
So that’s it! The 10 items I’m currently lusting after for my birthday. Again, this isn’t a wishlist made to take too seriously. I just thought it’d be fun to do a blogpost in preparation for my birthday. And besides, there’s only really one person I want seeing this wishlist… *coughleoncough* ahaha. JKS.
Anyways, hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you’re currently lusting after? Or what do you guys think of my wishlist? And for any July babies out there… Happy birthday to US!! xoxo