Slipping out of the comfort zone | J W Anderson Pierce Bag
So there’s a little play on words for you! Sometimes there are things that you do, and things that you try that may not necessarily be you, because of social media/blogging. This is probably one of them. I have always loved the look of slip dresses worn casually, and being petite it has always been such a struggle to pull it off. But after purchasing the JW Anderson Pierce bag (which was definately not my style to begin with… ) I really wanted to do something that pushed my boundaries a little bit.
NOW, this outfit is not by any means ground-breaking, and I’d probably be the last one to put their hand up for being the most daring/creative… but this was out of the comfort zone a little bit.
In saying that – I think it looked alright! It may not be my most amazing outfit… but I loved how it made me feel. I felt different (albeit a bit odd… and out of place…) but I felt like a true fashionista (is that lame saying that? haha…) But you guys know what I mean – I felt fashionable! I didn’t feel like I just dressed nice, I felt bold and like I really put myself out there.
JW Pierce Bag – First Impression
So while I was here I really wanted to touch on the Pierce Bag again because I have recently uploaded a youtube video revealing it.
As I mentioned in that video, in the very beginning I couldn’t be any more repulsed by the bag. I thought – fad fad fad fad fad! But the more I looked, the more I saw, the more I liked! And now- I absolutely love it! It might just be the fact that it’s the newest and shiniest bag in my collection, but I have loved reaching for it for an easy grab and go bag! I’ve attached a leather strap that I use for my eva, and even though I rarely use it as crossbody, it makes the bag SO SO versatile!
So shall I quickly list some Pros & Cons for you analytics out there?
- different – you can’t find this bag everywhere! I’ve sort of touched on it already… but you can almost find this bag in every instagramer’s wardrobe. However, where you can’t find it as readily is on the street! When you’re walking around with a chanel bag and see that the girl to your left and your right have the same bag as you… it’s nice to be walking around with something different but still very stylish!
- carefree – It probably doesn’t look it – but this bag is the nudist/carefree spirit of the handbag world. Weird analogy I know… but bear with me. It doesn’t have a closure, it’s accordion style and the bag is really mushy. Which means, you can stuff it and everything hangs… but it’s al good because it looks great! Does that make sense? No? Basically its a fuss-free bag.
- gorgeous colour – so this is more related to the colour or I got because it’s beautiful! Its a gorgeous rich mahogany which teams with so many colours so so perfectly! I could go on and on… but it’s gorgeous!
- can dress up or down – I’ve worn this shopping, I’ve worn this on a date, I’ve worn this to church. This bag can literally take you from day to night. The size is such a perfect all round size. So it’s not too big to be able to wear for date night… nor is it too big for everyday!
- spacious! – hard to tell but the accordion style actually lends this bag itself to being very spacious. You can stuff it soooo much and I’ve even managed to put a water bottle in there! It’s amazing and the softness of the leather makes it so easy to put whatever you want inside!
- PRICE – Seriously, for this bag, you can not beat it for the price. Hands down one of the biggest pros!
- repulsive – I put this here because some people can not love a bag but appreciate its beauty. This bag on the other hand almost puts people off it! (And then you have to explain and justify yourself sometimes and why you got it – which in itself is a con!)
- quality – I feel like I have to put it here that compared to Chanel – the build isn’t amazing. First of all the hook isn’t as smooth as chanel or louis vuitton. It also has glazing and already I’m having cracking of the glazing especially where the flap hinges. At least if and LV item had a glazing issue – it was easy to get it fixed. Honestly with this one I wouldn’t even know where to take it!
- No closure – I have to admit, as “casual” and “nonchalant” not having a closure makes this bag… I mean come on! Why wouldn’t you at least have a magnet! Because then what happens is you can’t quite stuff it too much because it won’t close properly. Also it means that sometimes the flap moves around and it might not align properly.
- short strap – I was hesitant putting this here because this was one of the selling points of the bag! I love how it looks different with the short strap. HOWEVER, it is damnnnnnn uncomfortable! The short strap not only is not secure enough, it’s not comfy when wearing it short on the shoulder. It would be amazing if this came with a chain strap like the JW Anderson Logo bag! Also I think the strap on this is a lot flimsier than that bag due to the very soft leather
So you’re probably wondering what’s my overall impression so far? Well look it’s still shiny and new to me – so it’s been positive so far! I love the vibes, I love how it makes me feel. I love how it pushes me out of my comfort zone… and it’s actually very versatile and user friendly!
Anyways it’s good news so far but I will keep you updated over the next few months!