So here’s something a little different…It’s not beauty OR fashion, but I thought I’d share some delicious goodies that my roomie made for me today! One’s a pavlova (the most amazing desert everrr) and some lime and coconut sugar cookies 😀 Needless to say, they were absolutely DELICIOUS!
And that’s all. I might do another post AFTER I finish this delicious pavlova… hehe
Recipe For the Pavlova Roulade:
4 Coles Brand Free Range Egg Whites
1 cup Caster Sugar
2 tsp Cornflour, sifted
1 tsp White Vinegar
1 tbsp Icing Sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
250 g Mascarpone
1/4 cup Coles Brand Double Cream
2 Peaches, peeled, stones removed, chopped
125 g punnet Raspberries
1/2 cup Coles Honey Roasted Macadamias, chopped
Mint Leaves, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Grease a 32cm x 26cm Swiss roll pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, ensuring paper overhangs 5cm above rim of long sides of pan.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until firm peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating constantly until thick and glossy. Fold through cornflour and vinegar, until just combined. Spread meringue evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake for 10 mins, or until just firm. Line a clean tea towel with a piece of baking paper. Sift over extra icing sugar. Invert meringue onto paper, peel away baking paper from meringue and set aside to cool completely.
4. Place mascarpone, cream and icing sugar in a bowl and stir until smooth. Spread over meringue, leaving a 1 cm border around edge. Top with peach and raspberries. Using baking paper as a guide, and starting from short side, roll meringue to form a log. Wrap baking paper and tea towel around roulade and refrigerate for 1 hr.
5. Transfer roulade to a platter and top with macadamias and mint, if using.
Recipe can be found here: http://recipes.coles.com.au/recipes/1582/peach-raspberry-pavlova-roulade/